There are 5 family members in this document. I’m not 100% sure why Gladys and Mildred were sent to live with their Grandmother, but a few years later their mother Celia Hayes married her second husband Fred Colburn and the girls moved back to NY to live with their mother.
- Mary Hayes is listed as widowed head of house. She is 65 years old and rents their home.
- There is no information about Citizenship and she lists Ireland as her place of birth.
- She can read and write and speaks English.
- Both her mother and father are listed as being born in Ireland and English as their spoken language.
- She is unemployed so one would assume she is either living off money inherited from family (hers directly or left by her husbands passing) or that her 2 daughters that live with her support the household.
- Daughter to Mary is 31 years of age and single.
- She is able to read and write and was born in Nebraska.
- Her father was born in Ireland along with Mary.
- She earns a salary as a clerk at a “dry goods” store.
Margaret M Hayes
- Daughter to Mary is 27 years old and single.
- All other information is the same as Nelle’s except for her occupation. It is hard to make out other than the word “Beauty” and she is working for her own account.
- She is grandchild to Mary and either 17 or 19 years old. Further documents are needed to be sure of exact age. She is single.
- She has attended school since 1910, but it’s unclear if she is still a student. She can read and write.
- She was born in New York.
- Her father (??Micks) was born in Wisconsin and her mother in Nebraska.
- She holds no occupation.
Gladys M Micks
- She is grandchild to Mary and 9 years of age.
- She attended school and has all the same remaining information as Mildred, her sister.
Source Citation: Year: 1920; Census Place: Columbus, Platte, Nebraska; Roll: T625_999; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 188; Image: 732